Remove Arizona Remove Community Remove Developer Remove Global
article thumbnail

7 Ways Academic Connections Can Assist A New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

Product research and prototype development. The professors know how to get grants to fund development for you in strategic focus areas, like biotech, that would otherwise cost you many thousands of dollars. For example, I live near the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Early-stage funding.

Arizona 432
article thumbnail

Startups Need to Leverage Their Local Universities

Product research and prototype development. The professors know how to get grants to fund development for you in strategic focus areas, like biotech, that would otherwise cost you many thousands of dollars. For example, I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Early-stage funding.

Arizona 239
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

7 Paybacks an Alma Mater Can Offer an Entrepreneur

Product research and prototype development. The professors know how to get grants to fund development for you in strategic focus areas, like biotech, that would otherwise cost you many thousands of dollars. For example, I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Early-stage funding.

Arizona 231
article thumbnail

Is the World Actually Getting Better?

The Startup Magazine

On a global scale, healthcare, life expectancy, and education have improved. People are getting healthier and wealthier. In the greater scheme of things, then, the advantages once reserved only for the few are now becoming more evenly disseminated among the many. Healthcare.

article thumbnail

Can’t Decide What Business to Start? No Problem, We’ll Tell You

Up and Running

If you’re concerned about demand, talk to community leaders, churches, high schools, and your local Chamber of Commerce. Find out which areas the youth in your community need help with. Could you help children develop skills, stay off the street, and get more engaged in their own or in another community? Here are 30.

article thumbnail

Seven Ways Universities Can Help All Startups

Research and development. They are likely to be able to get grants to fund development for you in strategic focus areas, like alternative energy sources, that would otherwise cost you many thousands of dollars. For example, I live in the Phoenix area, home of Arizona State University.

Phoenix 235
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

Prior to starting my own public relations and marketing consultancy, I worked for one of the largest global advertising agencies as well as smaller boutique PR and advertising agencies. He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. Image Credit: Natalie Harper.