article thumbnail

Textio’s Founder Kieran Snyder on the Two Advantages Startups Have in AI (While Remaining Skeptical Of The Funding Gold Rush)

Hunter Walker

KS: For the first several years of Textio’s life, our team was entirely co-located in Seattle. By the time the pandemic started, we had brought on a couple of sales people in New York and San Francisco, but we were still 95% colocated in Seattle. Like everyone else, we went distributed overnight in March 2020.

Cofounder 102
article thumbnail

The Future Of Work Is Distributed

Feld Thoughts

My investments have always been geographically distributed across the US and I spent the majority of my time between Monday and Friday on the road. In the past few years, there have been several high profile examples of scaled companies that have a completely distributed workforce. For many years, this was a function of travel.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

So we have five themes – Digital Life and Distribution are the other two.”. Distribution. I do something I now call community hours. And so that is a steady import of talent but even more interestingly what it really did is it re-energized the entrepreneurial community.”. Human Computer Interaction. Protocol Digital Life.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Journey Takes Melvin Brewing To Denver’s Heights and Beyond

The Startup Magazine

The brewery has experienced a high level of success in the regional market, with a wide distribution in Wyoming and a satellite brewpub in Bellingham, Washington. With the move to the 30-barrel facility, they were able to distribute their product on a larger scale and bottle it for remote distribution. Early Developments.

article thumbnail

Starmazon or Amabucks

Feld Thoughts

Sure, Amazon owns Whole Foods, which has about 350 physical locations, but they are large food distribution facilities (e.g. grocery stores) rather than community meeting spaces (e.g. Oh, and they are both headquartered in Seattle. Starbucks has one thing Amazon doesn’t have – over 30,000 physical locations.

Merger 100
article thumbnail

Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S

www.geekwire.com

Share this: We’ve seen a flurry of activity in recent weeks among Seattle area venture capital firms, led by Madrona Venture Group which raised $300 million last month and Divergent Ventures which pulled in $6.9 But Seattle entrepreneur Aaron Roberts, a former engineer… Read More. Location: Seattle. Contact Us.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #15: Lenore Estrada on her SF New Deal, serving the hungry, and civic engagement

Startup Lessons Learned

When it became clear that waiting for government funding and support would take weeks, if not months, Lenore instead looked to her community for both, using her experience with the layoffs and her expertise as a small business owner to solve two of the massive problems crashing over our society. Lenore Estrada : Thanks.