article thumbnail

How to Work with Lawyers at a Startup

Both Sides of the Table

Shame about not getting it in legal writing that you owned the original IP. For a very small fee they can get your Delaware C corp registration, make sure that you have IP protection and ensure you didn’t make an early bumbling mistakes that you’ll pay for dearly in the next 7-10 years of hard work.

article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Corporations increasingly see social media as a key PR, communications and marketing medium. Social networking sites and microblogs are used not only to build company brands, but to foster productivity; social media tools help build communities around the question, "What are you working on?" He was raised and educated in London.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Several “experts” in marketing and advertising, and IP lawyers, tried to talk me into changing it. 21- Communicate creativity. When I started Idea Grove in 2005, most PR firms had names like law firms – the name of the firm was the name of the owner or partners. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Naming 149
article thumbnail

Why You Should Embrace Opposing Views at Your Startup

Both Sides of the Table

” I loved the IM’ing with the crowd and the sense of community. I talked to one company who had build really differentiated IP and had great customer traction. Do we have the wrong PR firm? I loved the competition to get on stage and then how when you’re on stage you have to wait patiently to play your tracks.

Startup 313
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Own Business

Hearpreneur

With each job I had, the directors of these agencies had no idea how Digital PR truly worked. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 13- To fulfill clients expectations Photo Credit: Robyn Morley I have been working for SEO/Website/Marketing agencies for 2 years. Thanks to Andre Oentoro, Breadnbeyond !

article thumbnail

Labor Day! Let’s Celebrate the Workers

crowdSPRING Blog

She had this crazy idea that someone who had actually worked on the site, might provide value and insight to the community that we couldn’t give ourselves. Well, Audree was right – from her first days as our Community Liaison, she has provided help, comfort, advice and expertise to both Creatives and Buyers on the site.

Bosnia 67
article thumbnail

StartupRoar - Great Content for Startups

SoCal CTO

This site aggregates and filters content from thought leaders who talk about topics such as Marketing , Sales , Design , Revenue , Hiring , Social Media , Business Models , Metrics , PR , Venture Capital , Angel Investors , Bootstrapping , Incubators , Agile and many others.