article thumbnail

Small Businesses Need To Look Into These Social Media Strategies

YoungUpstarts

We’re living in a world where social media exists – maybe the most efficient form of communication ever – and it’s practically tailor made to favor the smaller organizations over the larger ones. If you use the right social media strategy, that is. These Days, Everything is Local. Video, and Lots of It.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

The first panel will focus on public markets and will discuss the use and effectiveness of social media tools and data mining technologies in harnessing the wisdom of crowds to generate investment ideas. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cancel Culture And Small Businesses: Are You Ready For A PR Nightmare?

YoungUpstarts

Consider what happened to the owners of Bruster’s Real Ice Cream in Annapolis, Maryland. Keep up with what’s happening in the world, your industry, and your community. Keep social media up to date. Monitor and update your website and social media accounts for any potentially controversial comments or content.

PR 246
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Steve Groom, Maryland Home Buyers in Baltimore ! #6- In the early 2000s, digital design and development freelancers were sort after – I was fresh out of University (having completed a degree in Media Arts) and was hungry for work. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 6- Help people align with their purpose.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

He was joined in his efforts immediately, as he told me, by dedicated and talented "self-selected people" who connected him with media outlets, politicians and more. Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. We should all wear them in public." So there was like scary moments.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Media & Marketing. Media Agencies. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. The language you used does not comply with community standards.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

startupbaltimore.org

Baltimore’s startup community has plenty of room for new leaders. Get involved in social media. There are a ton of programmers in this region and a lot of them are toiling away outside of the communities I highlighted in #2. Start an event or project. They won’t even hear about your efforts with #3. . Catchy tune.