article thumbnail

Where to Find High-Quality Drone Parts and Accessories

The Startup Magazine

For example, NW Blue Portland built its reputation by only selling carefully vetted components hand-picked for reliability, unlike mass-market generalists pushing volume over quality. Savvy drone buyers weigh specifications, capabilities, and reviewer experiences before purchasing rather than simply sorting price: low to high.

article thumbnail

Engineering a Regional Tech Cluster-part 3 of 3 of Bigger in Bend

Steve Blank

Dino Vendetti a VC at Bay Partners, moved up to Bend, Oregon on a mission to engineer Bend into a regional technology cluster. But today we are intentionally engineering six distinct activities to support this tech cluster: entrepreneurial density, university, transportation, capital, accelerator, and business community. University.

Engineer 307
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

I started my company to increase the awareness about marketing within the small business community (what it is, what it is not, how to know you’re doing it right, etc) as I come across many that confuse marketing with PR or sales and are frustrated when their marketing programs don’t create the sales boost they expect.

Naming 48
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs Dedicated To Steve Jobs, Reinforcing Mission To Restructure Capitalism

ReadWriteStart

And between the free and premium programs, as well as the blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, we have a community of more than 200,000 people engaged in the initiative at various levels. Vikrant Mathur, from the San Francisco Bay Area, presented iFood.tv , a large community of cooking lesson videos where food lovers learn to cook.

article thumbnail

Urban Airship Meeting Rules

Feld Thoughts

He and his team are building an amazing company in Portland. The other day, I got an email from my partner Jason with a photo of the Urban Airship Meeting Rules posted on the wall. Urban Airship, Tello and the Power of Community. But even more impressive is how Scott leads his company. Related articles.

Portland 190
article thumbnail

Transcript of Everything You Need to Know About Podcasting

Duct Tape Marketing

This transcript is sponsored by our transcript partner – Rev – Get $10 off your first order. Check it out at semrush.com/partner/ducttapemarketing. I think there is a place for podcasting for somebody to just interview hot prospects in their community or people that are doing what they want to be doing in their community.

article thumbnail

Where Does Foundry Group Invest?

Feld Thoughts

In it, he talked about his own experience expanding his investment horizons beyond the bay area, but also mentioned some other folks, including us and USV, where he did a quick analysis of the location of our partner funds. Hopefully, we will continue to help develop and expand existing and new startup communities.