Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove New York Remove Stock
article thumbnail

Q320 Vacation and Books

Feld Thoughts

I started doing this in 2000 and it took me about four years to learn how to just turn off the switch completely for a week and then turn it back on. My one mistake was reading the Sunday New York Times first thing yesterday. It was the wrong “first new information” and it made me extremely anxious.

article thumbnail

Don’t Sleep on Lightning

Version One Ventures

Up until late August, Lightning Labs had capped the channel capacity and payment size for users of their popular implementation of the network to ~$2000 USD and ~$500 respectively to better protect user funds with experimental software. . I’m seeing a lot of experimentation and development on this front in the Lightning community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

From California, to Illinois, and New York many of the largest U.S. Felix Rohaytn, widely credited with saving New York City in the 1970’s, recently published “ Bold Endeavors. ” [1] In it he warns: “The nation is falling apart – literally. municipalities are also the most fiscally troubled. Ironically, given the U.S.’s

article thumbnail

How to Miss By a Mile: An Alternative Look at Uber’s Potential Market Size

abovethecrowd.com

As a result, most models are used as a rough guide to see if you are “in the ball park,” or to see if a particular stock is either wildly under-valued or over-valued. What Professor Damodaran thinks, or what anyone who is not a buyer or seller of stocks thinks, is fairly immaterial. So here is the objective of this post.

article thumbnail

Open Letter to a New Austinite

Austin Startup

But something has in fact fundamentally changed about Austin over the decades, and new Austinites should be as familiar with these changes as longtime residents. Austin has shed some of the innocence of its youth as a city circa 1970 through 2000 and replaced it with socio-economic stratification and segregation of its growth, post-2000.

Austin 118
article thumbnail

In Defense of the IPO and How to Improve It, Part 2: Peeking Behind the Pop

Ben's Blog

Once again, the 1999-2000 dot-com bubble period shows the highest percentage of pricing above the initial filing range – 44% of deals were priced above. Let’s add in some additional data – the median size of IPO pops broken out between low float stocks (<30% float offered at IPO) versus high float stocks (>30% offered).

IPO 36
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship for Superwomen

Up and Running

My path-breaking case in the State of New York Human Rights Commission on behalf of all my women colleagues worldwide. A business community with diversity. When 9/11 happened, we had finished our most profitable year in 2000. Volunteer to work shows and booths and provide support for projects that benefit the community.

Florida 102