Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Internet Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

Probably the grand-daddy of VC blogs, Union Square Ventures’ Fred Wilson has been posting every day since 2003. Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. Interested in venture capital investment? Hi, I’m David G.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. The Boulder Entrepreneurial Community. Before the Internet (1970 to 1994).

Community 142
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. In San Antonio we take great pride in our diverse, artistic, affordable and culturally rich community filled with a young and burgeoning creative class workforce.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Rustic Canyon Speaks out on GaiKai Exit, Changing Nature of VC, LA Tech & More

Both Sides of the Table

He penned a great piece on the LA tech community here in Forbes. They were mostly a B2B platform enabling game publishers to deliver via Internet streaming their traditional games built for game consoles. Nate, tell us a bit about Rustic Canyon Venture Partners. Not bad, hey? Both companies were in Los Angeles. I agree with him.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. Mr. Lindzon’s new media and internet business investments also include: Limos.com, Blogtalkradio.com, Buddy Media, Ticketfly, Assistly, Bit.ly and Tweetdeck (purchased by Twitter in June 2011).

article thumbnail

Probable and Improbable Lobbying Wins: The 1,000-stockholder Rule

Gust

As I write this, Congress is teetering on the brink of passing the most disastrously ill-conceived law in the 18-year history of the commercial Internet, SOPA. I will leave it to law professor Eric Goldman to articulate better than I could why “ this law mortally threatens the entire UGC community.”

IPO 110
article thumbnail

Keep It Under Your Hat: Valuation Caps and the $650 Million Sale of MySpace for $125 Million

Gust

The early history of MySpace is inextricably intertwined with that of Intermix, a small-cap publicly traded Internet company in Los Angeles where I worked as corporate counsel from 2004-06. MySpace was incubated by a small team of employees within Intermix in 2003 (Chris DeWolfe, Tom Anderson and four others).