Remove Africa Remove Community Remove Design Remove Government
article thumbnail

Founders Interview: Atlas Group London – ConstructionTech Transforming Healthcare

The Startup Magazine

As entrepreneurs with a passion for helping others, they’ve built a company that is vastly accelerating the ability to deliver healthcare to the most needy global communities. Their rapid process from design to installation of healthcare facilities is helping to improve quality healthcare around the world.

article thumbnail

The State of the Crowdsourcing Union, 2011

crowdSPRING Blog

Examples of the tasks performed by the Turk community include translation, transcription, image tagging and even searches for missing persons. A company looking to place ads on search networks posts their campaign through Trada and their community of SEO experts contributes keywords and terms to the campaign. Victors & Spoils.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Motivation to Grow Their Business

Hearpreneur

When I left my full-time in-house role to start my own consultancy, I wanted more work-life balance and I wanted to be able to design my own day however I saw fit. I am very passionate about Africa and her wildlife. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. . #1- Freedom with my time. Photo credit: Lauren Kleinman.

article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

The classical economist response is that technological disruption also creates new jobs, e.g., “video game designer”. – SignUp.com is an organizing platform to quickly mobilize and coordinate people in their community, school, religious organization, or other social networks.

article thumbnail

Victoria: Investing In Morocco’s Future

YoungUpstarts

Casablanca is also one of the largest financial centres in North Africa, as Morocco is a key participant in the Maghreb agreement that facilitates trade with its neighbours: Algeria, Libya, Mauritania and Tunisia. In cooperation with the Moroccan government, a hands-on management team guides progress and oversees fruition of the project.

Morocco 113
article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Africa Travel was established over 25 years ago, so there was no such thing as search engine optimisation back then. Thanks to Chris Wain, Africa Travel ! #4- The company logo was designed to include the various colors of jade. Teuko is now the lunchbox community that empowers families who pack lunches. Accountability.

Naming 103
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.