Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Networking
article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

The goal was to share our experiences in the realm of angel investing with an array of global audiences, by participating in various lectures, discussions and workshops. In all four countries we met passionate entrepreneurs who were eager to discuss their exciting startups, as well as angel investors looking to support them.

Community 121
article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Gust claims to have facilitated over $1 billion of investments in 650,000 startups to date, via connection through their platform to over 85,000 angel investors in 190 countries. AngelList has featured over 3 million businesses for potential investors in a format that is, effectively, a social network for entrepreneurs and angels.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I live in a small town surrounded by farms and I made my first angel investment at 29 because my dad said it was a good idea. So, who are these unlikely angels?

article thumbnail

Finding The Right Angel Investor For Your New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

Gust claims to have facilitated over $1 billion of investments in 650,000 startups to date, via connection through their platform to over 80,000 angel investors in 190 countries. AngelList has featured over 3 million businesses for potential investors in a format that is, effectively, a social network for entrepreneurs and angels.

article thumbnail

How Venture Capitalists and Government Can Promote Entrepreneurship

David Teten

Like virtually the entire tech industry, I am particularly in favor of Startup Visa , which has the goal of stimulating our domestic startup community through acts to keep our foreign-born entrepreneurs in the United States. Organizations like Worldwide Investor Network and the US-Israel Business Council are helpful in this area.

article thumbnail

Turn the tables: What’s an angel look like?

Berkonomics

Angel investors, particularly those in organized angel groups, are typically former entrepreneurs who have had successful liquidity events in their pasts, or executives of companies who’ve retired with the funds from their stock options. So how an angel responds to your pitch depends upon his or her background.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. In addition to a fund, the overall Capacity organization provides direct mentorship, consulting and connects founders to a broad network of talent, diverse forms of capital, and existing resources focused on the post-startup stage of growth.

Equity 78