Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Marketing Remove Stealth
article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials #13: To be stealthy or not?

Austin Startup

We recently invested in Osano , which is led by the very talented Arlo Gilbert and is currently in stealth mode. By contrast, MOON is going to launch soon and is not in stealth mode at all. data.world is the sixth startup that I’ve co-founded and led. Twitter having famously broken out there. I could waste no time.

Stealth 48
article thumbnail

Announcing our investment in Ada Support – the AI support platform that’s answering 2 million questions a month

Version One Ventures

As Ada Support launches its automated chat platform from stealth and announces an impressive $2.5 million seed round, we’re looking back at our journey with founders Mike Murchison and David Hariri. With great new traction and product market fit, the Ada team came out to SF to raise their Seed round in October 2016.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Keys To An Unbeatable Solution For Your New Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Based on my experience of many years in the startup community, here are some key principles that seem to generate real innovative thinking within the most successful entrepreneurs I know: Push yourself to go “outside the box” for real change. Successful people look for complementary co-founders, and hire a multi-faceted team.

Stealth 406
article thumbnail

Blogging is the new resume: Why less is not always more

The Next Web

Ryan Hoover is the co-creator of Product Hunt , creator of Startup Edition , and instructor at Tradecraft. Can you really communicate your life’s accomplishments and skill-set through an 8.5 My Twitter following increased and I began to get more attention in tech and blogging communities. Can we all agree resumes are crummy?

Stealth 167
article thumbnail

boldstart in 2017, enterprise tech in 2018

BeyondVC

2017 was another year of growing, learning, investing and partnering with amazing founders. Once again, we are grateful to have the opportunity to work with so many amazing founders, advisors, co-investors, and other collaborators to bring the boldstart family together. 2017 Recap. 2 exits including yhat (sold to Alteryx?

Cloud 60
article thumbnail

Is "Stealth" the Best Way to Build Your Business?

ReadWriteStart

They explained they were building it "stealth". Interestingly, very active angel and COO at Square , Keith Rabois weighted in on Quora in response to the question: "What are some concrete reasons for *actively* stealthing a startup?" Building a reputation and community in your target market.

Stealth 126
article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

O perations – We work closely with a pool of preferred service providers who address the operational challenges of early-stage companies: accounting, financial modeling, sales acceleration, legal and regulatory needs, insurance, real estate, engineering, and community building. For example, consider public relations. – OKRs for CEOs.