article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

And that involves processes, structures, feedback loops, analytics and a community.”. Suddenly, those multi-million dollar financing rounds that startups raise don’t seem so outrageous! Still, a product is nothing without scalability. You can’t just build a product today, you need to build a venture. 4) WhatsApp. 8) Angry Birds.

Cost 168
article thumbnail

Introduction to the New York Fintech Community

David Teten

Other East Coast VCs: Fenway Summer Ventures (DC). Route Sixty-Six Ventures (DC). The Future of FinTech: A Paradigm Shift in Small Business Finance. The post Introduction to the New York Fintech Community appeared first on David Teten. Motive Partners. NYCA Partners. Pivot Investment Partners. QED Investors.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Translate Your Passion Into Your Purpose

Duct Tape Marketing

Additionally, she is the founder of the Elizabeth Elting Foundation, a non-profit organization created to break down systemic barriers and foster systemic change for women and other underserved communities. So went back to school, got my M B A from N Y U and had a very brief stint in finance. That's what I did.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Money When You’re Not in a Major VC Market

Both Sides of the Table

And I am often approached by entrepreneurs in cities which don’t have a vibrant VC community. They often ask whether they have to move to SF, NY or LA to get financed. Where do you want to build your community, your relationships, your family?” I have the same response always, “Where do you want to live?

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

It took me approximately 12 months from the time I decided to move forward with the launch of Hera Hub to the point where I completed my business plan, secured financing, and solidified my first location. The company now has additional communities Phoenix, AZ, Washington, DC, and Sweden, with several other cities in the works.

article thumbnail

Presidential Innovation Fellows, round two

Startup Lessons Learned

Each team of innovators is supported by a broader community of interested citizens throughout the country. It uses staged financing to make small investments in promising approaches and technologies and larger investments when there is clear evidence that the method is producing significant results. ProjectOpenData on Twitter.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. We don’t know of any other location in DC or elsewhere in the country where multiple government innovation groups are colocated together with startups to create their own center of gravity. The SXSW Startup Crawl! particularly in the Heartland?—?due