article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

I’ve recently advised a number of emerging private equity and VC funds who are wrestling with the question: What are the highest impact steps they can take to support their portfolio companies? . Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. Sophisticated VC and private equity funds have a wide array of options for leveraging outside operating executives. This evolves the VC from a server to a router. engineers, designers, business developers).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. High-frequency trading, algorithmic by its nature, is estimated to account for at least 50% of US equity markets trading volume. . 4) Manage deal flow.

article thumbnail

Digital.NYC: The First Ecosystem Hub

Gust

praised the hub and its place in the community. If any member of the community is not using these established resources they can add themselves to the hub via simple forms found on most of the site’s pages. For IBM, Digital.NYC provides exclusive community-building in the fastest growing tech ecosystem in the world. Gust News'

article thumbnail

What Freedom Looks Like

David Cohen

I also wanted to take a more “Harriet Tubman” approach to my equity work. So the freedom we’re seeking often ends up as a dream deferred because we don’t have access to any of the stages of capital required to grow and scale, and we don’t have a seat at mainstream tables where deals flow. I wanted freedom.

article thumbnail

Conference Notes on Sourcing Deal Flow & Developing New Business for Private Equity

David Teten

I enjoyed participating in last week’s Capital Roundtable Private Equity Masterclass on “ Best Practices for Sourcing Quality Deal Flow & Developing New Business ” (May 26 th , 2011). High Road Capital Partners Deal Sourcing Keynote. Question : What portion of your deal flow is proprietary?

article thumbnail

Snowflakes in the Valley: What Happens When 40 Nordic Entrepreneurs Visit Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

In contrast with a startup such as Kiva, the drive to fix real problems, make and impact and give to the community makes traditional business feel vain, and startups all the more inspiring. Unsurprisingly, this seems to weed out the less passionate people, while encouraging others to put in sweat equity in their own ideas.