article thumbnail

Your Company Can Either Lead Sustainability Efforts Or Get Out Of The Way

YoungUpstarts

CEO Warner Baxter believes a company is only as strong as the community it serves. As a result, Ameren invests in and builds up its surrounding regions — and the company benefits from the community’s positive momentum. If your community has robust job growth and economic development, then you’ll have more potential customers to serve.

article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. Seattleites can enjoy this community-oriented coworking and shared office space.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Innovation and Geography

SoCal CTO

Ive personally been involved in the start-up world in Los Angeles for about 15 years, and have had the opportunity to work on many early-stage companies (e.g., Probably the biggest drawback of Los Angeles is the distance and traffic that makes networking more difficult. Marketing, Startups and Networking in Los Angeles.

article thumbnail

Bolstering the Partner Ranks at GRP

Both Sides of the Table

He had joined a young startup in LA called HauteLook and was interested in getting to know the local tech community. After that you could tell that Greg was really “all in” on the LA technology community. Community builders. So why Greg and why now? I first met Greg about 4 years ago or so. Open & transparent.

Partner 360
article thumbnail

Upfront and the Power of Startup Community in LA

Feld Thoughts

I’m finally home after three solid weeks on the road which included Austin, Dallas, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. It’s delightful to sit in my green zebra chair in Amy’s upstairs office, with a cup of tea, the Diana Krall channel playing on Pandora, and just catch up on stuff.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2017

Hearpreneur

One of my major accomplishments of 2017 is being named Chair of the Public Relations and Communications Committee for The Los Angeles South Chamber of Commerce. communities through business development, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy education. Thanks to Adam Binder, Apeiron Yoga ! #11- 11- New products.

article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

You see sustainability of farms as a key attribute in The Bouqs or Green & Blacks chocolate. There are various models of this but amongst the most successful I’ve seen executed is FabFitFun , based in Los Angeles. They provide a quarterly box with stuff that spans make-up, sports gear, nutrition and just fun surprises.

Curation 296