article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. We and our contractors had the best technology domain experts. Here’s why.

Community 212
article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 18 – General James Mattis

Steve Blank

We just held our eighteenth and final session of our new national security class Technology, Innovation and Modern War. Joe Felter , Raj Shah and I designed a class to examine the new military systems, operational concepts and doctrines that will emerge from 21st century technologies – Space, Cyber, AI & Machine Learning and Autonomy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence community or other government agencies. Project Agrippa – Logistics and Sustainment in IndoPacific. Stay tuned.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. He runs H4X Labs.

Oakland 301
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Leaders They Look Up To

Hearpreneur

I recently learned about the career of General Keith Alexander, a four-star Army general that led DoD agencies during the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq when attempted cyber-attacks against the U.S. He was able to make the complex technology simple through his simple presentation and communication. were on the rise.

Romania 129
article thumbnail

The Innovation Insurgency Scales – Hacking For Defense (H4D)

Steve Blank

Teach Department of Defense /Intelligence Community sponsors how to deliver problems to these schools and how to get the most out of student teams. felt that it was the victim of a strategic technological surprise. DARPA was founded in 1958 to ensure that from then on the United States would be the initiator of technological surprises.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

We held a workshop of stakeholders and explored names inspired by a variety of approaches (provenance, roots of our technology, etc). Freeze drying is an incredible technology that leaves fruits nutritionally as intact as when they were ripe. We’re Everipe, a company that uses freeze dried fruits to make ready-to-blend smoothies.

Naming 105