article thumbnail

10 Strategies To Find That Rare Complementary Partner

Startup Professionals Musings

Investors worry about a single entrepreneur getting overloaded, disabled or led astray, with no balancing and supporting partner. The challenge is how to find that elusive perfect-fit partner. Don’t expect someone else to find the partner for you, since it’s really very much like finding a life partner.

Partner 249
article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Keys To Building Unstoppable Startup Partnerships

Startup Professionals Musings

Investors worry about a single entrepreneur getting overloaded, disabled or led astray, with no balancing and supporting partner. The challenge is how to find that elusive perfect-fit partner. Don’t expect someone else to find the partner for you, since it’s really very much like finding a life partner.

Cofounder 315
article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Abraham Gin on Entrepreneurs and Leadership

The Startup Magazine

Abraham serves his clients with both forward-looking business growth strategy and digital marketing through leadership applications partners. We also provide training and courses for individuals who don’t feel confident with communicating in a professional environment as it may lead to misunderstandings. TSM: Absolutely.

article thumbnail

Your city doesn’t have a startup community? Start one!

The Next Web

Editor’s note: This is a guest post by Aaron Pitman , an angel investor and founder and partner of RA Domain Capital. You don’t have to be located in Silicon Valley to take part in a great startup community. After all, a great startup community can grow anywhere — from the buzzing streets of New York City to sleepy rural Iowa.

Community 153
article thumbnail

Business Tips For Women Business Leaders

Mike Michalowicz

My one tip (taken from my partner, my wife) don’t follow the herd, follow yourself. Community Building Solve Problems. Women are community builders and problem solvers. Be yourself —whether you’re a Kansas farm wife, or Las Vegas Mafia wife arm candy or a NYC Trophy wife or a San Franciso Lesbian…be yourself.

Las Vegas 165
article thumbnail

Odis Jones Explains How to Strengthen Your Rural Community’s Economy

The Startup Magazine

Rural communities in the United States are encountering challenges that threaten the overall state of the land and quality of life experienced by the residents. Rural community development needs a new look. Rural community development needs a new look. Determine Existing Assets. The Greater Paducah region generated $39.9