article thumbnail

The Proven Framework For Building A Thriving Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Proven Framework For Building A Thriving Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. Liz is a c ommunity design strategist, a community enablement architect, and the Creator of Return on Emotion. 15:20] What elements ignite a community when you’re trying to get started? [16:06] Like this show?

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

startup ecosystem for many decades. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. Best startup city rankings have reflected this truth for a long time. Austin, TX. Boulder, CO.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Master of Customer Acquisition, Matt Coffin, On Startups …

Both Sides of the Table

I recently sat down with Matt Coffin , the founder of LowerMyBills, which sold for $400 million but was very nearly a bankruptcy only a few years early, and talked “startups.&#. Matt is one of the most transparent, focused & honest startup guys you’ll meet. Or read the quick, informative summary below the image!

article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

I’ve long been an advocate of using Lean Startup principles to advance non-profits and philanthropic organizations, whose work is so urgently needed at this moment in history. Its creation was a chance to see how Lean Startup principles can be applied to philanthropic work as well as high-growth startups.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

Turning the microphone over

Startup Lessons Learned

This struggle pales in comparison to what the Black community is suffering through. We must educate ourselves on the systemic issues the Black community faces and has faced regularly. George Floyd: In Minneapolis, George Floyd was held to the ground by a police officer kneeling on his neck during an arrest. Black Lives Matter.

Oakland 83
article thumbnail

The Year of Startups Everywhere

Feld Thoughts

But there is a trend that feels inevitable to me: “Startups everywhere.” When the phrase “Startup Communities” started to become mainstream around 2012, I made the strong assertion that you could create a startup community in any city with at least 100,000 people.

article thumbnail

Breaking Down The Logistical And Psychological Barriers That Keep Disabled Entrepreneurs From Success

The Startup Magazine

The best disability-friendly cities in America include Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, and St Louis, Missouri; they have good local infrastructure, programs that are broadly supportive of disabled people , and public amenities and services that aren’t weighted against those with the challenge of long-term conditions. On the horizon.

Las Vegas 108