article thumbnail

Creating the Next Silicon Valley – The Chilean Experiment

Steve Blank

I got smarter about the world outside of Silicon Valley, met some wonderful people who made me feel part of their family and shared some thoughts about entrepreneurship. This post is a personal view of what I saw in what I call “Chilecon Valley” — in no way does it represent the views of the fine institutions I teach at.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. cities (outside of Silicon Valley and the East Coast), to build your startup.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Loading… Small Business. Small Business. Theres a power struggle underway in Silicon Valley. edition of The Wall Street Journal, with the headline: A Fight in Silicon Valley: Founders Push for Control.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #170 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! The chart above shows age distribution within major social networks and online communities. Understanding the Consequences of the Business Decisions You Fudge On – [link].

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #123 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! Repeat after me: business is always about the customer – [link]. Now what could go wrong with Silicon Valley – [link]. Name dropping!

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #153 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! The image above is one of 25 very creative tip jars at businesses around the U.S. Small Business and Startups: End-of-Year Mishegoss, 2012 Version – [link].

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #129 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! VCs in Angels’ Clothing: The Sneaky New Trend of “Deal Scouts” in Silicon Valley - [link]. Here are some of the links that I’ve liked and shared this past week!