Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Government Remove Lean
article thumbnail

The Future of Government: Hayward & the Lean Startup

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, contributing editor of Lean Startup Co. It’s been exciting to watch the Lean Startup movement grow from a practice utilized in the tech world to one implemented in a wide variety of sectors ranging from enterprise to education, religious organizations, nonprofits, and government groups.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

While all the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ), Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, each of their journeys was unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 385
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

All the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ) Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, but all of their journeys were unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Our goal was to teach both theory and practice.

Oakland 301
article thumbnail

Bringing Lean Startup to Life at GE

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Sarah Milstein, co-host of The Lean Startup Conference. At a party in NYC recently, I was challenged by a VC to name the biggest company currently using Lean Startup practices. Although everyone knows GE, Beth is new to many people in our community, so we’ve created a backgrounder for you.

Lean 167
article thumbnail

10,000 Startups – Startup Weekend Next

Steve Blank

The Lean LaunchPad Class. You may have read my previous posts about the Lean LaunchPad entrepreneurship class. The class teaches founders how to dramatically reduce their failure rate through the combination of business model design, customer development and agile development using the Startup Owners Manual.

Startup 335
article thumbnail

Austin’s Paper Census: Helping Government Break Up with Paper

Austin Startup

Engage the Austin community As with any initiative of this kind, community engagement is critical. Then when you are ready to reach out to the community, leverage your elected officials’ contacts, relationships, and events. Be as transparent as possible, using a community engagement portal or a public dashboard.

article thumbnail

The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Goes Lean

Steve Blank

We tend to associate the government with words like bureaucracy rather than lean innovation. But smart people within government agencies are working to change the culture and embrace new ways of doing things. Department of Defense by adopting Lean Methodology inside their agency. The NGA, an organization within the U.S.

Lean 177