Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Customer Remove Operations
article thumbnail

Getting Small Business Loans Right – The Future Needs To Resemble The Past

YoungUpstarts

Decades ago, in small towns and communities across the U.S., Banks gauged risk using first-hand, day-to-day knowledge – they understood how their clients’ businesses worked, knew who their customers were, and had a front-row seat from which they observed the ebb and flow of their businesses. Benefits for Customers and Lenders.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I started North Atlanta Hair Restoration out of my desire to be a patient-oriented physician dedicated to the human condition. In 2011, I began learning about hair restoration and started North Atlanta Hair Restoration in 2012. Thanks to Dr. Dan Danyo, North Atlanta Hair Restoration ! #4- Photo Credit: Dr. Dan Danyo.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Disturbing

Austin Startup

I must take a moment to acknowledge the many kind greetings upon my return to Atlanta and the many well wishes as I departed Austin. Two of them made some major product directional changes based on the founder’s judgment and the feedback he was getting from partners and customers. But, credit is due to all these CEO’s for perseverance.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

O perations – We work closely with a pool of preferred service providers who address the operational challenges of early-stage companies: accounting, financial modeling, sales acceleration, legal and regulatory needs, insurance, real estate, engineering, and community building. RJMetrics ); technology (e.g., – OKRs for CEOs.

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech.

article thumbnail

Don’t Settle When You Decide Where to Settle

Austin Startup

Many of you have probably read by now that I am returning from Austin to my roots in Atlanta. Even in the early Peachtree Software days, the decision to build our company in Atlanta was not made without some careful consideration. It’s not always easy to “break in” to a new community.

Atlanta 48
article thumbnail

5 Questions for a CEO: Rob Kischuk, PerfectPost

Jeff Hilimire

The first was with Raymond King , CEO of Zoo Atlanta; the second was with Devon Wijesinghe , CEO of Insightpool; the third with Mark Feinberg , CEO of Uruut; and the fourth with Simms Jenkins , BrightWave Marketing. . Of the 6 startups I have been a part of, 2 were acquired by public companies, and 3 are still operating.

Atlanta 67