article thumbnail

Modern Governance Summit 2023: Empowering Community Organizations for a Thriving Future

Board Effect

At the heart of Modern Governance Summit lies a strong commitment to empowering nonprofits and community banks with the knowledge and strategies essential for navigating today’s governance challenges. The post Modern Governance Summit 2023: Empowering Community Organizations for a Thriving Future appeared first on BoardEffect.

article thumbnail

The Austinpreneur’s Guide to SXSW 2018 Panels & Parties

Austin Startup

The biggest week of the year for tech and startups in Austin, Texas as South by Southwest (SXSW) descends upon the city from March 19–15. It’s stocked with free food, drinks and wifi but the real reason you want to be there is because we’ve curated all of the top entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators at SXSW and invited them to stop by.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Amir Elaguizy pitching Cratejoy on stage at SXSW 2014 I know lots of investors from Texas and from around the world who are visiting Austin for SXSW and want to know where to go and how to plug in. Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. You can see a much larger list at the end.

article thumbnail

Economic Diplomacy and Tech Startups: the “What” and “How” of an Honorary Consul of France in…

Austin Startup

Economic Diplomacy and Tech Startups: the “What” and “How” of an Honorary Consul of France in Austin, Texas I do not have diplomatic immunity, but special license plates are available to me for purchase. A local law enforcement officer has checked in with me for my safety after high-profile terror attacks in France. I have a photo I.D.

France 48
article thumbnail

Curated Collision of Awesome Women

Austin Startup

2017 was a big year of travel for me across Tokyo, Austin Texas, Hong Kong and London. We were skilfully and admirably led by Peta Ellis who was awarded the 2017 National Techboard Community Prize whilst we were in London. Still recovering from the 2017 #SCFemFounders Mission!

article thumbnail

What Corporations Can Learn from Coworking Spaces

YoungUpstarts

By Liz Elam, founder/curator of Link Coworking. I like to call myself a Curator and I’ll tell you why – it’s because I’m a keeper of a collection. As the Curator, I take the time to introduce members to each other and assist them in finding common ground. So, I Curate my space. Foster collaboration.

Curation 227
article thumbnail

UT Hosts University Track at Austin Startup Week

Austin Startup

UT’s Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship and Texas MSTC Program are leading a “University Track,” focused on building out student entrepreneur ecosystems and creating a bridge between universities and startup teams. 3, to programming for students and community interested in what Texas’ flagship university has to offer entrepreneurs.

Hosting 49