article thumbnail

Community Relations And The Small Business

YoungUpstarts

If you own a small business, good public relations is essential to its success. You can’t expect to realize profits without the community’s support of your company. Positive community relationships are vital ones that can make or break your good name. by TJ Saunders. Attend Events. Donate to Local Charities.

Community 164
article thumbnail

[Interview] Mark C. Perna, Founder And CEO Of TFS, Cleveland, Ohio

YoungUpstarts

Since I founded TFS more than 20 years ago, it has grown from a small business to an internationally known organization that has helped thousands of administrators, teachers, and support staff in the education market. How do you explain the paradox of our country’s labor shortage while millions of people are unemployed?

Ohio 214
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

8- Appreciate small businesses. I started Rising Star Reviews because I’ve always had a passion for helping small businesses. Now it’s the most satisfying business I’ve ever been associated with. Thanks to Kate Linforth, Essential Oxygen ! #8- Photo Credit: Chas Cooper. Photo Credit: Sandeep Todi.

article thumbnail

4 Steps to Turn Tweets Into Customers

Up and Running

What many small business owners don’t know about using Twitter is how they can take the conversations already happening on the social media platform to get more customers in the door. See Also: Twitter Marketing: A Small Business Guide. See Also: How to Calculate Social Media Marketing ROI for Your Small Business.

Customer 108
article thumbnail

Optimism in the Face of Uncertainty: A Look at Small Business in 2017

Up and Running

If you’re considering making the leap and starting your own business, you’re likely eager to ensure that you’re making a smart decision. While it won’t guarantee success, putting your finger on the pulse of the small business environment can help you determine your path forward. The current small business landscape.

article thumbnail

Odis Jones Explains How to Strengthen Your Rural Community’s Economy

The Startup Magazine

Rural communities in the United States are encountering challenges that threaten the overall state of the land and quality of life experienced by the residents. Rural community development needs a new look. Rural community development needs a new look. Determine Existing Assets. The Greater Paducah region generated $39.9

article thumbnail

Introducing The Commitment Engine

Duct Tape Marketing

I map out a system for building a business that people want to commit to. I also use words like love and grace in the context of business and talk a great deal about building a culture and community based on these concepts and for some that’s just not that comfortable.