article thumbnail

Capacity Building Grants for Nonprofits in 2022

Board Effect

Administration and operations are the backbones of nonprofit organizations. It can be challenging to define how funding for operations will translate into helping more people, and a plan of action will help get the point across. Capacity Building Grants: Oregon . Oregon Community Foundation. Meyer Memorial Trust.

article thumbnail

How to Write a Business Plan for an Outpatient Medical Practice

Up and Running

Here’s a brief example: The problem : There is a lack of affordable pediatric and gynecological care available in coastal areas of Lane County, Oregon. The solution : Dr. Gardner plans to open Ocean Lane Outpatient Care to serve smaller Oregon coastal communities scattered outside of major towns with major hospitals. Operations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

SWOT Analysis Examples

Up and Running

Operating without a website is increasingly rare, and ignoring this weakness for too long could have disastrous consequences. Botanical Bounty is an Oregon-based perennial farm that grows a variety of botanical, medicinal plants. SWOT analysis for Sedibeng Breweries. Potential strategies for growth. Build an online presence.

Botswana 148
article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

Dino and I kept in touch as he moved up to Bend, Oregon on a mission to engineer Bend into a regional technology cluster. Part 1: Bend, Oregon Ecosystem and Entrepreneurs. Bend, Oregon is an ideal case study because of its size, location and entrepreneurial characteristics. Part 2: Early-stage Regional Venture Funds.

article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. Here in the U.S. InStove contributes both the technology for efficient stoves, and the means to create sustainable jobs. Maryland was the first U.S.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? Zoning laws and setting up shop: In terms of where you can legally operate your business, you should consider local zoning regulations and ordinances. Zoning map of Eugene, Oregon. He wanted to stay rooted in his community in South Carolina. “My

article thumbnail

5 Tips to Becoming a More Customer Centric Organization

Both Sides of the Table

They attended property management association meetings in Oregon outside of the technology echo chamber of California to get a sense for people’s daily problems. But I believe that it creates an authentic relationship with your community. For me it’s more interesting to speak to their user community’s issues.

Customer 280