article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. Today one of our portfolio companies, GrabCAD, announced it’s Series A funding led by Matrix. In addition to compelling founders, we were drawn to the company by their vision for a professional community for mechanical engineers and designers. How to Evaluate Firms for a Seed VC.

Community 100
article thumbnail

The Market Is Hot for Code Climate, NextView’s Newest Investment

Genuine VC

The two companies had been working together for a while, especially as both are deeply embedded within the Ruby on Rails developer community, with a strong following for their respective offerings. Joining us in the syndicate are Lerer Ventures, Trinity Ventures, and Fuel Capital. But what impressed me most is what happened next.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

I enjoyed giving a short interview on BBC radio the following morning, after which a dozen Halo members participated in a workshop I led on portfolio strategy and post-investment relationships. Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event.

Community 121
article thumbnail

How to Leverage Micro VC Funds to Build an Angel Portfolio

This is going to be BIG.

Having a better overall portfolio of venture capital by adding funds into the mix. This is above and beyond whatever events and educational opportunities the fund provides for its community, which could also be very useful. Access to other investors. That’s why it might be worth not just being in one fund, but in several.

Portfolio 134
article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. First Round Capital’s forum for portfolio executives is a powerful example of a scaleable resource. – Syndicate Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”) for specific opportunities.

article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

Disclaimer: we have three portfolio companies in the consumer mobile space, still in stealth). Products that were previously not inherently social, will embrace community, stories and sharing to increase stickiness and drive revenue. This may also trickle down to Google and Amazon. The Information and VentureBeat have more on this.

article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

When I meet with other VCs, family offices, and other institutional investors, the most common question I get is: “What are the highest-potential companies in your portfolio which are raising now?” Although EquityZen is primarily an online marketplace for secondary shares in private companies, they also offer syndicated primary investments.