article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

At the end of the quarter, each of the teams gave a final “Lessons Learned” presentation. Unlike traditional demo days or Shark Tanks which are, “Here’s how smart I am, and isn’t this a great product, please give me money,” a Lessons Learned presentation tells the story of a team’s 10-week journey and hard-won learning and discovery.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

10 Keys To Raising Your New Venture Funding Potential

Startup Professionals Musings

In the investment community, these leadership elements are often called “goodwill.” Leaders are judged on key elements of execution, including a focus on priorities, ensuring clear accountability, managing decision making, mobilizing others, adapting quickly, and communicating execution urgency. Execution leadership.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Assessing Board Performance: Best Practices for Community Banks

Board Effect

Behind every community bank or credit union is a hardworking board. Community banking organizations can only get an accurate view of board performance through annual board evaluations that incorporate best practices for board assessments , with attention to individual performances and the board as a whole.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

At the end of the quarter each of the eight teams give a final “Lessons Learned” presentation. Unlike traditional demo days or Shark Tanks which are, “here’s how smart I am, please give me money,” a Lessons Learned presentation tells the teams’ stories of a 10-week journey of hard-won learning and discovery. What a year.

Oakland 301
article thumbnail

6 Ways Credit Unions Can Reach Data Maturity with Smart Technology Use

Board Effect

By tapping into data analytics, Delta Community Credit Union (DCCU) in Georgia has built a comprehensive view of members’ preferences and needs. So how can boards use data — and technology tools that unlock it — to drive success? Now, take a further look at how the right technology partnerships can enable these efforts.

article thumbnail

6 Ways Nonprofits Can Reach Data Maturity with Smart Technology Use 

Board Effect

By adopting data-driven decision-making, underpinned by technology, nonprofit boards can increase success to ensure their organizations make meaningful contributions to the communities they serve. So how can boards use data — and technology tools to unlock it — to drive success?

article thumbnail

6 Ways Schools and Colleges Can Reach Data Maturity with Smart Technology Use

Board Effect

By adopting data-driven decision-making underpinned by technology, educational boards can increase success to ensure their organizations make meaningful contributions to the communities they serve. So how can boards use data — and technology tools that unlock it — to drive success?