article thumbnail

Customer Development in Japan: a History Lesson

Steve Blank

I asked Tsutsumi-san to write a guest post for my blog to describe his experience with Customer Development in Japan. Back in 1990’s, I was working for one of the leading sogo shohsa (trading company) in Japan, building data communications startups. Evangelizing Customer Development in Japan.

Japan 292
article thumbnail

It’s Not a Conversion Problem, It’s a Customer Development Problem

ConversionXL

This is a customer development problem. By the end of this article, you should have a better understanding of how to develop new products or tweak your existing offerings by working with existing or prospective customers to incorporate their feedback to create viable solutions to their problems, and clearly communicate their value.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, April 26, 2009 Product development leverage Leverage has once again become a dirty word in the world of finance, and rightly so. But I want to talk about a different kind of leverage, the kind that you can get in product development. Its a key lean startup concept. Yeah, weve got that.

article thumbnail

It’s Not a Conversion Problem, It’s a Customer Development Problem

conversionxl.com

It’s Not a Conversion Problem, It’s a Customer Development Problem. Not because they have a conversion problem but because they never really nail the product or how to market it. This is a customer development problem. So What is Customer Development? Extra Lucrative Conversion Advice.

article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. Most normal customers – even among early adopters - do not pay attention to the trolls.

Community 158
article thumbnail

The End Of Marketing As We Know It

YoungUpstarts

At their most effective, they’re doing the opposite: They’re allowing customers to re-create the experience of shopping and buying in their local communities. Build strong customer communities. Consider Harley-Davidson’s success in creating a sense of community around its bikes. Help customers build social capital.

Marketing 234
article thumbnail

Seven Things Your Customers Can Do Better Than You

YoungUpstarts

by Bill Lee, author of “ The Hidden Wealth of Customers: Realizing the Untapped Value of Your Most Important Asset “ The old paradigm works like this: Your company produces goods and services that help customers get a job done. In return, the customers pay you money. Close the sale.

Customer 168