article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 45: Dan Miller and Brian Zuercher

Steve Blank

When they found out, they questioned my decision-making and me as an entrepreneur. How to recognize when it’s time to pull the plug on your startup idea, and why founders can’t operate afford to operate in a vacuum were the focus on today’s Entrepreneurs are Everywhere radio show. Meanwhile, the investors thought we were dead.

Columbus 246
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- Passion for sport and entertainment industry. My dad was a serial entrepreneur and had a business in the home security industry. I wanted to make the community and the world aware of the talent, businesses and resources that thrive within my city.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 45: Dan Miller and Brian Zuercher

Steve Blank

When they found out, they questioned my decision-making and me as an entrepreneur. How to recognize when it’s time to pull the plug on your startup idea, and why founders can’t operate afford to operate in a vacuum were the focus on today’s Entrepreneurs are Everywhere radio show. Meanwhile, the investors thought we were dead.

Columbus 120
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

Funding challenges and other issues founders face in the early days of starting up were the focus of interviews with the latest guests on Entrepreneurs are Everywhere , my radio show on SiriusXM Channel 111 (airing weekly Thursdays at 1 pm Pacific, 4 pm Eastern). Hire around you to fill those weak spots. …. Will : Absolutely, 100 percent.

article thumbnail

With the Federal Government Doing Nothing, Communities Step Up

VC Adventure

In it we talk about the continued failure of the federal government to help small businesses and highlight some encouraging ways that local communities have stepped into the void to help. But to be clear, those resources should have been supplemental to the support the government was providing to grassroots entrepreneurs.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- After the birth of my daughter. Sadly, many people in our society come from communities where they were never, or rarely, touched by their parents, family members, or friends or only experience touch through sex. Photo Credit: Lisa Cash Hanson.

article thumbnail

The Lean LaunchPad Goes to High School

Steve Blank

Hawken is an independent school for grades K-12 in Cleveland, Ohio, committed to the idea that students learn more “by doing than by listening.” Still apprehensive about working on their own businesses, I connected them with local entrepreneurs, but with a twist. ” Hawken School has now given us an answer.

Lean 311