article thumbnail

Why The Government is Isn’t a Bigger Version of a Startup

Steve Blank

academia was engaged in weapon systems research for the Defense Department and intelligence community. While these activities shape and build culture, they don’t win wars, and rarely deliver shippable or deployable products. This article previously appeared in War On The Rocks. There was a time when much of U.S.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Entrepreneurs often have a vision and a passion for their ideas, products, or services. Ginger Jones saw a way she could help her community and the world as a whole, so she started a business called Jones Therapy Services. When I have complete freedom over my time and tasks, I am most creative and productive.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[INTERVIEW] Brandon Seigel, President, Wellness Works Management Partners, Madison, Wisconsin

YoungUpstarts

Seigel recognized that, while health practitioners in a variety of healthcare roles are passionate about providing health and wellness in their communities, they aren’t often versed in the financial processes that will allow their private practices to prosper.

Wisconsin 214
article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

words that reflected our product) and a row of ’secondary’ words that worked well as base words like stack, base, box. For my marketing and messaging advisory business, the overarching brand is me: a product marketer with more than two decades’ experience connecting brands with the buyers they want to attract.

Naming 110
article thumbnail

How To Open Your Own Public Library

Hunter Walker

Turns out Little Free Library is nearly 11 years old and started with one guy in Wisconsin! Decentralized communities supported by technology – I spent much of my product management years helping to strengthen platforms that encouraged these types of relationships.

Wisconsin 112
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Future Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

A customer can purchase both a high-end and a low-end product together. Again, personalization will become more prevalent in product design and marketing. Thanks to Ryne Lambert, Sell My House In Wisconsin ! #19- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Segmentation has become more challenging. 27- Automation.

article thumbnail

What I Learned from 500 Educators – Build Back Better Summit – Results

Steve Blank

With the theme “Build Back Better” Jerry Engel , Pete Newell , Steve Weinstein and I co-hosted nearly 500 Lean Educators from 63 countries and 235 universities online for a three-hour session to share what we’ve learned about educators on how we can help our communities rebound, adjust, and recover. Minimal Viable Products.

Lean 407