Remove 2017 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Green
article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2017

Hearpreneur

2017 was a bad year for some and for some it was a great year. In the last few days of 2017, we took some time to ask a few entrepreneurs and business what their biggest business accomplishments were. #1- I had my 8 months expenses saved by May of 2017 and put it my two weeks notice at that time. 1- Top rankings.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Airbnb founders Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia had difficulty securing funding, so they launched a mini project to build some funds and catch investors' attention. Using this capital , the founders launched and enjoyed exponential growth in their first year, with 10K users and thousands of listings. Photo Credit: Rob Greene.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

12 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Major Accomplishments in 2023

Hearpreneur

4- Writing a book Photo Credit: Brandon Green The accomplishment I am most proud of this year is writing and publishing a children’s book encouraging critical thinking in children. Thanks to Brandon Green, LET's GO BRANDON GREEN ! #5- Looking back to when I started in business in 2017 to where we are today lights me up.

article thumbnail

Real talk on fundraising for a small fund

This is going to be BIG.

It’s been incredibly difficult for both professional and personal reasons—and if I hadn’t met my wife Aja in late 2017, this would have all been a pretty dismal time, to be honest. One of my founders texted me, “What are you telling people to do about the Coronavirus?” It’s not the telling my story or that of the founders I’ve backed.

LP 147
article thumbnail

How to Write a Mission Statement in 5 Easy Steps

Up and Running

Some of the best mission statements also extend themselves to include fourth and fifth dimensions: what the company does for its community, and for the world. Add the words “clean” or “green” if that’s really true and you keep to it rigorously. Tim Berry is the founder and chairman of Palo Alto Software and Bplans.

article thumbnail

How Venture Capital Decision Making Has Changed During the Pandemic

View from Seed

The sudden arrival of the global pandemic has shifted the playbook for founders and venture capitalists. As high-conviction, seed stage investors, we are inherently relationship-driven, and we value meeting exceptional founders face-to-face. I can have a wider reach and a higher volume of 30 minute meetings with founders.”.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

3- After the special feature of our community. Our business name was an easy decision: we named it Headframe Spirits after a really special feature of our Community. I started a digital magazine dedicated to the accounts of mental health and diverse communities. Thanks to Steve Pogson, First Pier ! #3-

Naming 102