article thumbnail

Things To Expect As A Woman Founder When Starting A Tech-Based Company

YoungUpstarts

by Saumya Bhatnagar, CTO and Co-founder of InvolveSoft. Venturing out into the startup world can be a big task for anyone, but women have to face a myriad of acceptance issues not just from society but also the business community. I pitched to 86 investors before getting the green signal from only 5 of them.

article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Peter Agarwal Innovates with Green Lighting Solutions

The Startup Magazine

Here’s another from The Startup Magazine Founder Series. Peter leveraged his passion for quality and energy conservation into a growing green energy lighting company. LED Phantom has become a leader in customer service and product distribution of highly efficient green energy lighting products. Entrepreneur Peter Agarwal.

Green 178
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Love And Giving Aren’t Green: Startups & Corporate Social Impact

YoungUpstarts

In my former life, I worked at an investment bank, where at least one day a year we were required/allowed to donate a day to “Community Teamworks,” and participate in a charitable program. I cleaned parks in Brooklyn, served meals in soup kitchens, and mentored underprivileged youth on personal finance.

Green 178
article thumbnail

Why Now Is The Right Time For New Green Technology

YoungUpstarts

by Barry Stiles , founder and CEO of TRUEGRID Pavers. For green technology, the barriers — high costs, lack of supporting infrastructure, the weight of tradition — have been especially prohibitive. But the timing is finally right for some green tech to take off. The Rise of Green Technology.

Green 178
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Entrepreneurs They Consider to be Successful

Hearpreneur

An entrepreneur who brings out innovation and disruption at the same time is highly successful Muhammad Yunus, the founder of microcredit and micro-finance, and winner of the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize is an excellent example of a successful entrepreneur. Photo Credit: Joseph Greene. Thanks to Joseph Greene, Trinidad Birding ! #11-

article thumbnail

Saturday Startup Spotlight: eCarra

Austin Startup

Capital Factory’s Saturday Startup Spotlight series features intimate chats with some of the latest founders taking hold of the startup ecosystem today. As startup founders, what challenges are you facing as you navigate the entrepreneurial world? What do you want our community to know about eCarra? We’re creating a machine.

Startup 63
article thumbnail

Sheikh Youssef Al Shelash on the Benefits of 3D Construction 

The Startup Magazine

“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia represents the largest potential market in the Middle East for our disruptive 3D construction technology, and many large-end customers in the Kingdom have been eagerly awaiting, that the technology became available via an established local company,” says Henrik Lund-Nielsen, COBOD founder and general manager.