Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

The Secret History of Silicon Valley Part V: Happy 100th Birthday.

Steve Blank

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance I always had been curious about how Silicon Valley, a place I had lived and worked in, came to be. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance I always had been curious about how Silicon Valley, a place I had lived and worked in, came to be. How did Silicon Valley start?

article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. He’s spent the last four years in Silicon Valley out of uniform continuing that work.

Community 218
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

While all the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ), Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, each of their journeys was unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 394
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

All the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ) Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, but all of their journeys were unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Our goal was to teach both theory and practice.

Oakland 306
article thumbnail

Beyond the garage

Startup Lessons Learned

The Lean Startup movement has made tremendous progress in the past year. If you recall, around this time last year we were still fighting various myths , such as “ lean means cheap ” or that we don’t support having a big, world-changing vision. This year, the word pivot has become over-hyped ( even on TechCrunch ).

article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 7 – Jack Shanahan

Steve Blank

Lean, MVPs and the DOD. It was whatever you can do to get away from the classic DOD stovepipe way of doing business to a much more agile software approach. Josh Marcuse and the Defense Innovation Board were instrumental in helping us see what those agile principles were and how we could get moving and go fast.

article thumbnail

The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Goes Lean

Steve Blank

We tend to associate the government with words like bureaucracy rather than lean innovation. Department of Defense by adopting Lean Methodology inside their agency. In July the NGA hosted the inaugural 2016 Intelligence Community Innovation Conference with attendees from across the Department of Defense and public sector.

Lean 178