Remove Bootstrapping Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

The Market Is Hot for Code Climate, NextView’s Newest Investment

Genuine VC

When Chad Pytel introduced me to Bryan Helmkamp , CEO/Co-founder of Code Climate , I knew that I had to pay attention. So I chatted with Bryan about Code Climate’s service, which provides automated code review (originally Ruby, but also JavaScript and now PHP). But what impressed me most is what happened next.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Companies They are Starting in 2023

Hearpreneur

7- Making and selling website themes Photo Credit: Sean Stevens If you know how to code, especially front-end development, you can use your skills to make money by making and selling website themes online. With the right property management software and some experience in the real estate market, you might find success as a property manager.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to find funding for your hardware startup while we’re waiting for the hardware revolution

Version One Ventures

Despite the recent media buzz surrounding the hardware revolution and emerging maker space, the overwhelming majority of hardware startups have a hard time attracting financing today. As a result, most venture capitalists are reluctant to touch hardware projects, opting for the lower costs and smaller risks of software.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

Since 2017 we’ve managed $3 million in revenue-based financing, which helps cash-strapped technology companies grow. Our wheelhouse is bootstrapped (or lightly capitalized) SMB SaaS. We have reviewed the application process of other RBI lenders and have not found one that has more API connections that ours.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

4- Due to lack representation in the skincare industry. We have now grown into an overnight hit, as we had built up a huge community of black women with skin conditions years before even launching Topicals. 17- To introduce custom software products. Thanks to Olivier Momma, Esker ! #4- Photo Credit: Olamide Olowe.

article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Niche Marketplace Businesses Can Be Interesting

ReadWriteStart

This is a segment that is well beyond traditional micro-finance, but also somewhat below the scope of the regular financial institutions. Hardika intends to build a financial institution focused on this segment with financing from social entrepreneurship oriented venture funds like Unitus. million financing round for.

India 116
article thumbnail

Excerpt from "Do More Faster" - Avoid Co-Founder Conflict by Dharmesh Shah

ReadWriteStart

Contributors include dozens of TechStars mentors and founder alumni, including Dharmesh Shah the founder and CEO of HubSpot and the curator of the OnStartups blog and community. Or worse, one that claims equity that you don't believe is due. What are the financing plans for the company? Can any of us be fired? For what reasons?

Cofounder 128