Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Portfolio Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Lessons from a Diverse Venture Capital Portfolio

This is going to be BIG.

Brooklyn Bridge Ventures , the pre-seed and seed stage VC fund I run in NYC, has invested in 64 companies in the last six and a half years. Twenty-five of them have at least one female co-founder. Fifteen had co-founders over 40. Five have LGBTQ+ founders. Three teams have African-American founders.

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

I’ve recently advised a number of emerging private equity and VC funds who are wrestling with the question: What are the highest impact steps they can take to support their portfolio companies? . Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. But, we normally have a clear ceiling on how high we can grow AUM, before hitting practical limits to deploying capital within the traditional VC model. . This evolves the VC from a server to a router.

article thumbnail

How Venture Capital Decision Making Has Changed During the Pandemic

View from Seed

The sudden arrival of the global pandemic has shifted the playbook for founders and venture capitalists. As high-conviction, seed stage investors, we are inherently relationship-driven, and we value meeting exceptional founders face-to-face. Following initial decision paralysis, many venture capitalists have returned to pace.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Some VCs have identified a number of new advantages that distinguish them in the marketplace: – Portfolio acceleration. I saw “ portfolio operations ,” i.e., levers to enhance the operations efficacy of portfolio companies, become a standard part of the private equity toolkit. – Incubating companies.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Some VCs have identified a number of new advantages that distinguish them in the marketplace: – Portfolio acceleration. I saw “ portfolio operations ,” i.e., levers to enhance the operations efficacy of portfolio companies, become a standard part of the private equity toolkit. – Incubating companies.

article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

This is the home of Jason Cohen, software startup founder, bootstrapper, investor, and mentor. Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. As co-founder of Y Combinator and co-founder of the Viaweb which sold to Yahoo!