article thumbnail

Practical Education: 6 Technical School Certifications To Further Your Career

The Startup Magazine

Would you like to learn how pipes fit in a house like a beautiful, technical maze? Industrial Engineering Technician. If you are interested in learning how factories run and assisting in smooth and efficient machine operation, consider becoming an industrial engineering tech. HVAC Technician. Sheet Metal Worker.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Say What Changes They Expect in Their Business Due to Technology

Hearpreneur

Technology disruption is happening at a rapid pace all around us. We asked our entrepreneurs what changes do they expect due to technology shortly, and this is what they have to say. #1- I also expect to see more technology to assist with personalized experiences at trade shows, both in person and virtually, shortly.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Texas Gets A New Tech Equity Program

Austin Startup

By: Kasheef Wyzard and Michelle Ferguson Image: Dream Corps TECH Black Engineer Educators Let’s face it?—?we Big Tech has shattered boundaries and made the previously impossible a new reality?—?but To date, Dream Corps TECH has placed 75 students, including partnerships with multiple Fortune 50 companies!

article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

In addition, founders thinking about starting a company can be overwhelmed by choice, as there are so many problems to tackle with technology, but it could be comforting to know that investors are interested in those areas in the first place.

article thumbnail

Google Engineer: How We Interview, How I’d Beat Us for Talent, & How Non-Technical Founders Should Approach Devs

View from Seed

Editor’s Note: NextView recently kicked off a Boston-based workshop series on technical interviewing with Google. Saurya Velagapudi is a senior software engineer at Google, based in their Cambridge, Mass., I recently chatted with Saurya about how he approaches hiring engineers at Google and what founders can learn.

article thumbnail

Where to Find High-Quality Drone Parts and Accessories

The Startup Magazine

Savvy drone buyers weigh specifications, capabilities, and reviewer experiences before purchasing rather than simply sorting price: low to high. Pay attention to existing customer reviews before opting for direct purchase.

article thumbnail

How Sin-Mei Tsai, Shippo’s VP of Engineering, Defines Code Quality

Version One Ventures

Six weeks ago, we kicked off a new series where we profile an awesome operator in our network to learn about his/her work and contributions to his/her organization and community at large. This time, I am very excited to introduce Sin-Mei Tsai , VP of Engineering at Shippo , a Version One portfolio company. Functional quality.