article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Organization, Communities or Associations they Belong to That Help Support Their Business

Hearpreneur

One of the best ways to promote your business and increase its name recognition is by joining business organizations and/or communities or associations. For me, that’s where professional communities come in. I have used such communities even when starting my own company, and they have always proven invaluable.

article thumbnail

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities

Duct Tape Marketing

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. John is the VP of Community & Impact Partnerships at Facebook. He was part of the management team that was instrumental in launching NYTimes.com’s first digital paid product and the acquisition of About.com.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, April 26, 2009 Product development leverage Leverage has once again become a dirty word in the world of finance, and rightly so. But I want to talk about a different kind of leverage, the kind that you can get in product development. Its a key lean startup concept. Yeah, weve got that.

article thumbnail

6 Awesome Tools To Make Your Startup Smarter In 2020

YoungUpstarts

One thing that every business definitely needs is reliable, flexible, and easily scalable web hosting. Amazon Web Services, also known as AWS, is a web hosting service that offers over 90 facilities like content delivery, database storage, and much more along with world-class scalability and flexibility. Amazon Web Services ( AWS ).

article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. Then the reality of our problem hit us.

Community 158
article thumbnail

Tech Industry Hiring In Canada Continues To Grow

YoungUpstarts

Organizations such as TechVancouver and HackerNest Vancouver host tech socials and monthly meet-ups. Betakit.com, a startup news website, reached out to the Montreal tech community with a list that was developed with all the new up and coming tech companies in 2019. The province has a robust start-up community.

Canada 167
article thumbnail

Critical Tips to Developing an Effective Marketing Strategy for Startups in “Boring” Industries

ReadWriteStart

This isn’t limited to retail and clothing brands – it happens with local restaurants, boutique hotels, community banks, and just about any other business you could think of. Create a spreadsheet: Include all your current and anticipated operational costs, like professional fees, content outsourcing, sales, tax, and web hosting.

Developer 159