article thumbnail

How Philadelphia is Winning a Startup Renaissance

The Startup Magazine

Philadelphia gets called a lot of things. One thing this historic city doesn’t often get noticed for is its emerging Philadelphia startup scene. Philadelphia has two huge positives for startups tapping the local talent pool: a diverse metro population of more than six million and a host of area universities.

article thumbnail

Storably.com – Peer-to-Peer Marketplace For Renting Storage Or Carpark Space

YoungUpstarts

Philadelphia-based Storably is founded by Wharton Penn graduates Josh Kowitt and Apu Gupta. They later brought on Brendan Lowry as a community manager. The site was formally launched in Philadelphia on September 21, and the startup intends to expand nationally soon. Breaking Out Of Cold Storage. Team First, Idea Later.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Announcing our summer intern class

David Teten

Franklin Bi became passionate about venture capital and entrepreneurship after he spent a summer in Silicon Valley, working on an information services startup focused on innovation management. in Economics, with concentrations in Finance, Management, and Entrepreneurship, and will be returning to J.P.

article thumbnail

Upfront and the Power of Startup Community in LA

Feld Thoughts

I’m finally home after three solid weeks on the road which included Austin, Dallas, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. This comes on the heals of Upfront managing director Mark Suster’s great post titled Embracing Your Community as a Strategy which I encourage you to read as it is magnificent.

article thumbnail

Businesses Must Manage the Twitter Conversation

Both Sides of the Table

Twitter is the new CRM (customer relationship management) channel. The volume of Tweets is enormous and growing at a rapid pace so tools are emerging to help brands manage this information. This is most likely done outside of the automated processes that you can manage on Twitter and probably warrants a phone call.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started their Business

Hearpreneur

With this skill, I managed to start a hand-crochet business at the age of 18 as a freshman in college, crocheting on the train to and from the city every day. Thanks to Sharon Sanders, Philadelphia Weekly ! #6- Thanks to Sharon Dylan, Management ! #7- Thanks to Wasim Kagzi, Muscle Lead ! #3-

article thumbnail

How do I find a developer to help me with my idea?

www.scottporad.com

Mike, a entrepreneur from Philadelphia, wrote to me with a brief summary of a new business idea he’s working on, and then posed three questions to me about finding a programmer to help him develop the idea. If I were in Mike’s shoes, I would start by talking to people in the Philadelphia Startup community.