article thumbnail

Your Employees Kept You Going This Year. Thanksgiving 2020 Is The Perfect Time To Step Up Your Gratitude Game.

YoungUpstarts

As Paul Spiegelman, cofounder of the Small Giants Community, shared, “That note you can get from someone… that says, ‘thank you, you’ve changed my life’…is much more powerful, much more valuable, than any amount of money I could have in the bank.”. After months of Zoom meetings, you may already be on a first-name basis with them as well!)

Turkey 147
article thumbnail

Tech Industry Hiring In Canada Continues To Grow

YoungUpstarts

According to tech recruiters , 2019 has brought a handful of tech jobs to the forefront, such as cyber security engineering, AI/machine learning and data scientists, to name a few. By 2017, the tech industry in Toronto became one of North Americas fastest growing tech market, per a CBRE 2 018 North American Scoring Tech Talent report.

Canada 167
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Pivots They’re Making in Their Business as a Result of Pandemic

Hearpreneur

After having to reduce and rethink our strategy during COVID, we observed that our community and sales have skyrocketed. Yes, our business pivoted as a result of the pandemic by Shifting our focus to a global customer base We shifted focus from offering services within North America's confines to focusing on a global market.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Organization, Communities or Associations they Belong to That Help Support Their Business

Hearpreneur

One of the best ways to promote your business and increase its name recognition is by joining business organizations and/or communities or associations. For me, that’s where professional communities come in. I have used such communities even when starting my own company, and they have always proven invaluable.

article thumbnail

Top 20 U.S. Tech Conferences Every Startup And SMB Should Check Out

YoungUpstarts

This three day conference has become the “must-attend” event for anyone who is active or new to the startup-community. Immerse yourself in the tech community at Techweek. AppsWorld North America. GigaOM Structure. Computing is everywhere! Are you up for the challenge? Google I/O. Small Business Web Summit.

Las Vegas 165
article thumbnail

Arthur Salzer, Northland Wealth Management CEO, On What’s Leading Greater Interest In “Impact Investing”

YoungUpstarts

These statistics reinforce a very important financial question, namely, how can the wealthy families of today ensure the fortunes they have built not only endure, but go on to continue prosperous growth? Impact investing was also a popular topic at the 2014 The Campden North American Family Office Conference.

article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Vancouver

ReadWriteStart

In fact, the city's mayor recently touted Vancouver as having the highest number of entrepreneurs per capita in North America. As such, the city is a blend of both major media and gaming companies, as well as local, indie businesses - Sierra Wireless, Pixar, THQ, and Vivendi/Activision, to name just a few.