article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

I can now give back to my community in ways that would not have been possible earlier. That's one of my motivations in pursuing my family real estate business in New Jersey. Almost every industry or sector is equipped with smarter tools and technologies to empower their products or processes. Photo Credit: Mike Falahee.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

Deputy Chief Technology Officers Cori Zarek and Ryan Panchadsaram to help all levels of government with COVID-19 response and delivery of services. Deputy Chief Technology Officer in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy from 2013–2014, where she founded the United States Digital Service. She served as the U.S.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Announcing our summer intern class

David Teten

David brings a proven track record for growing emerging technology companies. Having never lived in New York, he very much looks forward to working and playing in the city. Jason is a high-school student, currently attending the Montclair Kimberley Academy in Montclair, New Jersey. He’s your guy. David Gabbay.

article thumbnail

Everything You Need To Know About Locksmith Career Options

YoungUpstarts

Smart locks and technological developments have made the profession even more challenging and offers endless opportunities for the younger generation to develop a career as a locksmith. If you add an interest for modern gadgets and smart home technologies then you have a perfect match. Brief Locksmithing Job Description.

Alaska 234
article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: SignNow.com

crowdSPRING Blog

Some might say this is because I am a college-aged millennial whose social skills have been stunted by technology, but I think it has more to do with the ease, convenience and immediacy the internet provides. One of the greatest industry challenges is educating the public about the security behind digital technology.

article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. InStove contributes both the technology for efficient stoves, and the means to create sustainable jobs. Here in the U.S. Maryland was the first U.S.

article thumbnail

Why Your Startup May Need a Dry Van Vehicle

The Startup Magazine

Foster McGowen Voorhees, the 30th governor of New Jersey at the turn of the 20th century, and the man for whom Voorhees, New Jersey is named, probably never even imagined just how populated this area of New Jersey would eventually become.