Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove New York Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

Q320 Vacation and Books

Feld Thoughts

I started doing this in 2000 and it took me about four years to learn how to just turn off the switch completely for a week and then turn it back on. My one mistake was reading the Sunday New York Times first thing yesterday. It was the wrong “first new information” and it made me extremely anxious.

article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

I am super excited to announce that today is a day of lots of new things for my partners & me: A new fund, a new office and a new brand. We have previously raised funds in 1996 ($200 million), 2000 ($400 million) and 2008/9 ($200 million). Let’s start with the fund. We chose a location that fit our style.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

Lyft requires you to be at least 23 years old and have your own four-door car (2000 or newer) in good working condition. All Lyft drivers must be friendly, community-oriented drivers who love meeting new people, who can pass a phone screen, an in-person meeting and background & DMV record checks.

article thumbnail

Meet our Startup Chica Committee Members

Austin Startup

Startup Chica Spotlight: Meet our 2019 Committee Members Meet the Austin professionals and community leaders who have embraced the Latinitas mission and helped make Startup Chica 2019 a reality. As Latinitas ambassadors, they have offered their expertise and support in event planning, marketing, business, technology and more.

article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

I’m a huge fan of William and his writing as you can see from my review of his book Avogadro Corp. There seem to be two schools of thought on how to predict the future of information technology: looking at software or looking at hardware. A big technical challenge we studied was piping streaming video over networks.

article thumbnail

How and Why To Be an Angel Investor

David Teten

These companies can range from tech startups to food trucks to retail stores. Top performers conduct 40 hours or more of due diligence per investment and stick with companies as active advisors.[3]. John Frankel started as an individual angel investor in New York in 1999. Q: Why do people become angel investors?

article thumbnail

From Airbnb to TaskRabbit to Zimride, sharing is becoming big business

www.usatoday.com

Tech: Blogs. Technology Live. Talking Tech. Talking Your Tech. By Todd Plitt, USA TODAY Neville Clubwala, a Taskrabbit worker in New York City, delivers cupcakes from Butter Lane bakery and champagne, to a recipient who received a promotion. Weve hosted some interesting tech entrepreneurs.