Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

How To Work Better with Your Co-Founder

ReadWriteStart

While open-source tools, readily available APIs, social platforms and cloud hosting providers have made it easier in many ways, being a Web entrepreneur is still not for the faint of heart. It's challenging to build, design and deploy software. It's also challenging to attract and retain a loyal community of customers and users.

Cofounder 121
article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. Founders Hardi Meybaum and Indrek Narusk originally started building the company in their native Estonia before moving to Boston to join the hub of SaaS / CAD software companies located here. Im a former Silicon Valley entrepreneur turned East Coast VC. January 4, 2012.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community – August 2012

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Large Tech Meetups: Web Innovators Group : Quarterly Demo-Style meetup in Cambridge draws over 1000 members of the startup community each time. The Grand-daddy. Harvard iLab.

Boston 72
article thumbnail

Why Has LA Suddenly Gotten So Much Attention from VCs and Entrepreneurs?

Both Sides of the Table

” It’s the most common refrain I hear from investors and even entrepreneurs these days. When my friend and the father of LA’s tech startup community Bill Gross first demonstrated his company GoTo.com (renamed Overture) on stage at a TED conference he was actually booed (True story. for $565 million to Excite.

article thumbnail

Jason Returns to the 313 for Startup Grind Detroit on April 5th

Feld Thoughts

In case you don’t know about Jason, prior to co-founding Foundry Group, Jason was a co-founder of SRS Acquiom and a Managing Director and General Counsel for Mobius Venture Capital. Early in his career, Jason was a software engineer at Accenture. Prior to this, Jason was an attorney with Cooley.

Detroit 74
article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. Babson Entrepreneur Resource Center. The Grand-daddy.

Boston 71