Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Los Angeles Remove Video
article thumbnail

Embracing Your Community as a Strategy

Both Sides of the Table

I have been evangelizing to founders for years to be more thoughtful about how startups update investors and run board meetings so I would be pretty hypocritical if I wasn’t willing to try and be more effective myself. In Los Angeles the venture community is very collaborative. So we planned a Technology Summit.

Community 150
article thumbnail

The One Video Every Silicon Valley Investor Should Watch

Both Sides of the Table

From left to right above is Tristan Walker (founder of Walker & Co), Magic Johnson (successful NBA basketball player and successful business man – his two life goals), Beatriz Acevedo (founder of Mitu, the largest Latino digital media company) and Troy Carter (founder of Atom Factory and Cross Culture Ventures).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Has LA Suddenly Gotten So Much Attention from VCs and Entrepreneurs?

Both Sides of the Table

Let me start with the obvious baseline that most people probably know instinctively: Los Angeles is the 3rd largest technology startup ecosystem in the US. Many people don’t realize that the majority of the monetization of the Internet originated in Los Angeles but was perfected in Silicon Valley. LA By The Numbers.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

I can now give back to my community in ways that would not have been possible earlier. Thanks to Mike Falahee, Marygrove Awnings Co. ! #7- 14- To solve issues in the beauty community. The plan was to solve those issues not only for us but for others in the beauty community. Thanks to Ruben Gamez, Sign Well ! #6-

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

female founders. founder friday. Lessons learned from female founders and women entrepreneurs. WHATS HOT: EVENTS NEWS LEARN CAREER VIDEOS ESPAÑOL. Startup Quote: Wendy Tan White on Building a Successful Startup » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder. Scoring Founder “Dates” On My Own.

article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

by Pabla Ayala, cofounder of pFunk Media Is your holiday gift-giving list becoming longer and pricier than your current wallet can handle? All Lyft drivers must be friendly, community-oriented drivers who love meeting new people, who can pass a phone screen, an in-person meeting and background & DMV record checks. Task Rabbit.

article thumbnail

Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities

Both Sides of the Table

Brad Feld visited Los Angeles this past week. We threw a Launchpad LA dinner to bring the community together as we tend to do 6-10 times a year. Brad wrote up his answer here – you should read it because it’s very instructive for how I believe communities ought to think about naming conventions.

Community 304