article thumbnail

Why Has LA Suddenly Gotten So Much Attention from VCs and Entrepreneurs?

Both Sides of the Table

Let me start with the obvious baseline that most people probably know instinctively: Los Angeles is the 3rd largest technology startup ecosystem in the US. Many people don’t realize that the majority of the monetization of the Internet originated in Los Angeles but was perfected in Silicon Valley. LA By The Numbers.

article thumbnail

The One Video Every Silicon Valley Investor Should Watch

Both Sides of the Table

The video is simply amazing and is a must watch for any investor but I think will be enjoyed by all entrepreneurs, too. Magic spoke about how when he left basketball he wanted to bring businesses to African American communities that were lacking in basic services. Have a listen to the video yourself. He sold for a huge gain.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why We Need to Elect @EricGarcetti on Tues as Next Mayor of Los Angeles

Both Sides of the Table

On Tuesday Los Angeles will elect a new mayor. He understands our issues as a community and vows to help keep LA Tech on the map. I’d love to see a mayor in Los Angeles who does, too. Can’t get much better in a city like Los Angeles, hey? LA needs Garcetti. Why it Matters. The result?

article thumbnail

How Do I Feel About the Snap IPO Given I Didn’t Invest?

Both Sides of the Table

We are hugely appreciative of their successes because it’s helped grow technology talent in Los Angeles and some time down the line we know the “Snapchat Mafia” will be armed with millions of dollars and fund and create startups all over LA. I love this product & the community I’ve formed there.

IPO 214
article thumbnail

How Your Law Firm Should Market To Millennials

The Startup Magazine

A generation that loves technology and fun-seeking, incorporate social media such as creating blogs, tutorials, videos and engaging fan page. A Personal Injury Attorney Los Angeles offer financial help to clients in a form of a wage embellishment attorney. Millennials now pay attention to social media. Google Reviews.

article thumbnail

"The Startup Way" is Headed to London

Startup Lessons Learned

From New York, Philadelphia, and Boston to Los Angeles and San Francisco, entrepreneurs came out to share their enthusiasm -- you really are everywhere. Don’t forget to tweet a photo of your book to see it on thestartupway.com Thank you, as always, for your support.

article thumbnail

Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities

Both Sides of the Table

Brad Feld visited Los Angeles this past week. We threw a Launchpad LA dinner to bring the community together as we tend to do 6-10 times a year. Brad wrote up his answer here – you should read it because it’s very instructive for how I believe communities ought to think about naming conventions.

Community 304