article thumbnail

The Impact of Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Impact of Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Lloyed Lobo In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Lloyed Lobo. He is an entrepreneur, podcast host, and community builder. Would you support that idea? [10:39] 11:32] The subtitle of the book has 13 rules.

article thumbnail

10 Leadership Strategies For Today’s Employee Culture

Startup Professionals Musings

Yet I am seeing more and more success from “beta” startup cultures, like Zappos and Amazon, where the emphasis is on collaboration, curation, and communication. Instead of knives-out competition, these companies thrive by building a successful community with shared values. These would never happen. The beta culture gets it done.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #12: Curative founder Fred Turner and Celine Halioua on diagnostic supply chains, scaling up testing, and partnering with government

Startup Lessons Learned

The company expanded rapidly, growing from nine employees to 150 over the course of just five weeks. When none came to light, he followed a lead to Los Angeles and by Wednesday he was signing a contract with a lab there that usually does anti-doping testing. I am Eric Ries.

article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Abraham Gin on Entrepreneurs and Leadership

The Startup Magazine

By providing our employees with an encouraging and positive environment we are able to create tech-based solutions for the development of people. This responsibility lies in the hands of our leadership, as we believe in providing guidance to our employees in order to achieve our vision and mission.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Word That Could Represent Them and Their Business in 2021

Hearpreneur

I selected curate because it represents that I am the director of my museum which is my life and my business. Interesting to note that curate is based in the Latin word cura which means care. Curate served me in 2021 as a year that was full of unknown, anxiety, and stress. Thanks to Shokouh Hatch, everlur ! #3- 8- Dynamic.

article thumbnail

How to Create a Healthy Local Startup and Tech Community

This is going to be BIG.

That prediction obviously turned out pretty wrong, but it did drum up a whole lot of chatter about the right ingredients for building a startup community—about New York vs Boston on the East Coast and whether cities like Austin and Seattle would ever break through. What makes people like that want to live in any particular community?

Community 172
article thumbnail

Important Branding Lessons From The Top 5 Retailers In The US

YoungUpstarts

For a time, Walmart was making headlines that reported their less-than-stellar treatment of employees and the negative impact their mega-brand’s presence created for small businesses across the country. billion in 2017), employee training, and advancement structure. So, look for ways that you can give back to your community.

Curation 173