article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

The ‘Just Chatting’ category remains the most popular on Twitch, and lockdown measures led to concerts, political events, as well as live shows all being hosted on the platform. From virtual concerts to conferences, art installations and shopping events… this is the beginning of the metaverse.

article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event. One hundred and fifty entrepreneurs and community members attended the monthly conference, which alternates between Tallinn and Helsinki. A two hour ferry ride across the Bay of Finland carried us from Tallinn to Helsinki.

Community 121
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How early should you connect to a VC? Here's some data.

This is going to be BIG.

It''s also not the best way to create a helpful syndicate of investors that share the founder''s vision for the company. If all my deals came as intros from trusted connections that I know for years versus at founder pitch events that''s interesting data. But does the data play that out? The first thing I did was trace my sources.

article thumbnail

The Texas Startup Manifesto

Austin Startup

The time has come for the Texas startup community to band together to change the world once again. Every startup has a profile and so does every mentor and every event. Based on the stage of the startup and what industry it is in, the system recommends the most appropriate mentors to meet and events to attend.

Texas 97
article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. Here’s a great recap on the Boston Globe’s tech blog.). Investment Strategy.

article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. Here’s a great recap on the Boston Globe’s tech blog.). Investment Strategy.

article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

Although EquityZen is primarily an online marketplace for secondary shares in private companies, they also offer syndicated primary investments. If you are a high net worth individual, the simplest way to join syndicates is either invest in an institutional VC, and/or join one of the online investment networks or reputable angel groups.