article thumbnail

How To Maximize A Limited Labor Budget With Gig Work

YoungUpstarts

The key to this step is to identify where you could benefit from skills at a much higher level than you can buy (full-time hires) and should instead rent (offer a gig). Gig hiring allows you to no longer be tied to justifying full-time salary and benefits for a specialized job that you need for only 100 hours per year.

San Diego 157
article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

I found myself pushed into entrepreneurship after being laid off from a Marketing Director position with a San Diego based high tech company in 2003. I was turned on to the concept of coworking in 2010, when I hosted a networking event, for an organization I was leading, at San Diego’s first coworking space, the Hive Haus.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

We had a finance group for all of the bank branches based in San Diego, and I wrote programs to download stuff from the mainframe so we could do analysis three days faster than they could send us the data. I did programming for the career center at UC San Diego, trying to build programs for the career center.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

5 Tips for Private Practice Optometrists to Grow Profits This Year

Mike Michalowicz

His practice, Complete Family Vision Care Optometry, is in San Diego, California. Action Steps: Review hiring processes and office processes for efficiency. Start by looking at your community and existing clientele to determine needs that are currently not being met. Learn more here: [link].

San Diego 111
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2022

Hearpreneur

The fact that we have been able to overcome the pandemic blues, improve our market outreach, make some well-timed hires and increase our baseline sales (over 30%) is something I am most proud of in 2022. 8- Finding a way to give back to my community. 11- Hiring 2 assistants for my business. 12- The team I hired in 2022.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

I owe ya’ a 20 minute call (or in person next time I’m in San Diego). I do something I now call community hours. And so that is a steady import of talent but even more interestingly what it really did is it re-energized the entrepreneurial community.”. And they made an early investment in Yahoo.“ “….a

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

William Hurley, the co-founder of Honest Dollar, an Austin-based provider of retirement plans to small businesses, says creative talent is abundant : It’s got the music, the university scene, the hippies and the rule-breakers… It’s very easy to hire people who want to push the limits. Boulder, CO. Seattle, WA. Chicago, IL.