article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. 1- Alliteration of an existing name. I came up with my business name by finding one unique trait that defines my business personality.

Naming 105
article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He also has a new book: Brand Naming: The Complete Guide to Creating a Name for Your Company, Product, or Service. 5:20] Are there attributes from a general perspective that your brand name should have? [6:55]

Naming 76
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. That’s the first time I’ve seen that name, actually. No, my real name is Jonathan. My stage name is Jono.

article thumbnail

Texas goes to Kansas City for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit

Austin Startup

Trey Bowles from The Dallas Entrepreneurship Center (The DEC), Joshua Baer from Capital Factory, JR Reale from Station Houston, and Preston James from DivInc together in Kansas City, MO for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit. The Kauffman Foundation is the non-profit name synonymous with entrepreneurship.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Money When You’re Not in a Major VC Market

Both Sides of the Table

And I am often approached by entrepreneurs in cities which don’t have a vibrant VC community. Where do you want to build your community, your relationships, your family?” If their commitment to staying local is weak I normally say, “Well, it certainly would be easier on you to be in a larger community.

article thumbnail

Open For Business: Everything You Need To Know About Brick And Mortar Marketing

YoungUpstarts

Now, what used to go on a business years ago was your physical address, phone number, fax, and name. If your community allows flyers to be placed around town, use them. Today, you can cut some of that out. For example, you don’t need a fax number anymore unless your business still depends on it.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Lessons Through Craft Beer

Duct Tape Marketing

Couture is the owner and founder of Bier Station in Kansas City, MO, the Midwest’s first craft beer tasting bar and bottle shop all at the same time. As I live in Kansas City, I’ve been able to watch the growth of this entrepreneurial success story first hand. This may have included drinking some beer.)