article thumbnail

Meta’s CTO Andrew Bosworth Says Video Games Were What Hooked Him On Tech

Hunter Walker

The combo convinced me that software was for creativity and community — 100% impacted the rest of my life. I do feel lucky to have been raised in Silicon Valley where it was clear to everyone that this was a very valid and potentially lucrative career choice. Do you have any “AHA!” memories of your own with regards to tech?

Video 104
article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. Official SXSW Panels and Speakers SXSW Badge Required Watch Out Silicon Valley: Rising LATAM Tech Scene Watch Out Silicon Valley: Rising LATAM Tech Scene MAR 8, 2019 | 12:30PM?—?1:30PM The SXSW Startup Crawl!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Scaling Up the Next Silicon Valley

Reid Hoffman

Silicon Valley has a remarkable track record of producing valuable technology companies. Of the 13 high-tech companies in the world that are worth over $100 billion, six of them hail from Silicon Valley. So the question on many minds is, “Where is the next Silicon Valley?”. of the world’s population!

article thumbnail

My January Holiday Vacation Reading

Feld Thoughts

We then decamped to Mexico last week for warmth, sun, beach, and books. News flash: there are a lot fewer people at a fancy resort in Mexico in the third week of January. A 500 story tall building collapses in the desert and a community develops around it to excavate it. Uncanny Valley: A Memoir : Loved it.

Mexico 91
article thumbnail

[Event] Over 540 Young Entrepreneurs To Converge On Global Startup Youth

YoungUpstarts

The event will also bring together 30 leaders from startup communities around the world for the Startup Nations Meet, as well as 30 international grassroots startup leaders through the UPGlobal Facilitators Meet. This is an amazing opportunity for all of the chosen participants,” Dhakshinamoorthy adds. A Meeting Of Young Minds.

Malaysia 229
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

From their website: “We invest via a Shared Earnings Agreement , a new investment model developed transparently with the community, and designed to align us with founders who want to run a profitable business and never be forced to raise follow-on financing or sell their business.” Key elements: . “We

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Boulder Shouldn’t Municipalize Its Energy Utility System

Feld Thoughts

Citizens and businesses would be wise to scrutinize this investment not just because of the millions that are being spent now, but more importantly because of the serious impact that potentially higher electricity prices could have on this community in the coming years.