Remove California Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Naming
article thumbnail

Teaching Lean Innovation in the Pandemic

Steve Blank

A subsegment of those instructors – those trying to teach Lean LaunchPad, whether in I-Corps, or Hacking for Defense – have an additional burden of figuring out how to teach a class that depends on students getting out of the building and talking to 10 to 15 customers a week. Here’s what we learned. And so it began.

Lean 421
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In They created a program called Onward California in partnership with the State of California and with the support of governor Newsom.

Fresno 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

Carbon Health is now running some of the largest vaccination sites in California, most famously at Dodger Stadium, in partnership with the City of Los Angeles. Eren Bali : My name is Eren Bali. That's one of the very, very early companies that I was talking to Lean Startup about. Here's my conversation with Eren Bali.

article thumbnail

The Secret History of Silicon Valley Part V: Happy 100th Birthday.

Steve Blank

When I read the funny names of these microwaves devices… Backward wave oscillators, TWT’s, Magnetrons…long silent memories came back. Another piece of trivial: the road that is the side-entrance (during business hours) to Agilent Corporation HQ in Santa Clara is named “Terman Lane&# after Terman.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #15: Lenore Estrada on her SF New Deal, serving the hungry, and civic engagement

Startup Lessons Learned

When it became clear that waiting for government funding and support would take weeks, if not months, Lenore instead looked to her community for both, using her experience with the layoffs and her expertise as a small business owner to solve two of the massive problems crashing over our society. Lenore Estrada : Hi, my name is Lenore Estrada.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

NAME Comcast. NAME Verizon Communications. NAME Yahoo. NAME Shikhar Ghosh. NAME Toby Stuart. NAME Daniel Dreymann. NAME Charles Holloway. NAME David Cowan. Harley Goes Lean to Build Hogs. Domain Name/Basic Site. Communications. California. Live Chat Recap.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship for the 99%

Steve Blank

As the morning fog burns off the California coast, I am working with Steve Blank, preparing for the Lean LaunchPad Faculty Development Program we are running this August at U.C. His name is Alex Lawrence. So he had adopted Steve’s Lean LaunchPad class and was using The Startup Owner’s Manual as his core text.