article thumbnail

The Market Is Hot for Code Climate, NextView’s Newest Investment

Genuine VC

The two companies had been working together for a while, especially as both are deeply embedded within the Ruby on Rails developer community, with a strong following for their respective offerings. Their teams were either already customers or they had immediately become customers after learning about it. It’s indispensable.”

article thumbnail

8 Expectations Of Investors Who Risk Their Own Money

Startup Professionals Musings

But many have no insight or connections to the ethereal angel investment community, which In the U.S. Groups of angels may syndicate multiple individual amounts, but if your total request exceeds $1 million, you need to focus on the venture capital alternatives. contributes more than $25 billion to fund 70,000 startups every year.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

We want to leave an impact on the communities we operate in and the employees on our team, so we even offer them networking and internship opportunities. 6- To give back to the community. Thanks to Jacob Dayan, Community Tax ! #7- We started Porvata to create a more seamless way to get quality, custom office furniture.

article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

Products that were previously not inherently social, will embrace community, stories and sharing to increase stickiness and drive revenue. It’s enough to see the rapid adoption of new social platforms from Signal in messaging to Clubhouse’s $1 billion valuation in less than a year.

article thumbnail

How Podcasting Can Transform Your Business: Lessons in Networking and Lead Generation

Duct Tape Marketing

Josh Elledge is a keynote speaker, writes a syndicated newspaper column to 1.1 Even before I participated in the agency intensive training, I had already landed in my first customer. That's what I write my syndicated newspaper column about. million readers, and regularly appears on more than 75 TV stations across the country.

article thumbnail

5 Free Platforms Entrepreneurs Should Be Using To Manage And Streamline Their Business

YoungUpstarts

These are five free platforms that anyone can use to streamline processes, gain customers, and ultimately grow their business. As an entrepreneur I’ve found the below platforms extremely helpful, and best of all, they’re free. Check them out! Build your own app for free with Appsbar.

article thumbnail

10 Ways To Get The Capital You Need For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Negotiate an advance from a strategic partner or customer. Find a major customer, or a complimentary business, who sees such value in your idea that they are willing to give you an advance on royalty payments to complete your development. Another common example is exchanging equity for legal and accounting support.

Equity 266