article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

An excellent example of a social enterprise is The Empowerment Plan —an organization that hires people currently living in homeless shelters to create a combination winter coat, sleeping bag, and over-the-shoulder bag, which is then distributed to the homeless of Detroit free of charge. Here in the U.S. that social enterprises can take.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. Summit CPA is now a company with over $5M in annual revenue and our team is fully distributed throughout the United States. 7- Latin word for growth.

Naming 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What does it mean to be Latinx in Tech Today?

Austin Startup

Latinx leaders delved into discussions on representation and how to navigate the tech ecosystem, as well as exploring cultural values, perceptions, and resiliency in the Latinx tech community. In order to get your demographics to understand your idea or product, you have to both relate and localize it in the community.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Companies They are Starting in 2023

Hearpreneur

With the increased demand for video content, a video marketing agency can offer a wide range of services, from video production to distribution and analysis. All you need is a niche website or an engaged community where you can post product or service reviews with affiliate links. Thanks to Craig Miller, Academia Labs LLC ! #20-

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

My company name, Bear in Mind Strategies, LLC, is a combination of my name, a common phrase about consciousness, and my strategic approach to working with clients. Thanks to Andrea Bear, Bear in Mind Strategies, LLC ! #8- My company’s name is Jade Solutions, LLC. Patterson, Jade Solutions, LLC ! #13- Accountability.

Naming 102
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Share Their Takeaways from 2020

Hearpreneur

Balance is fundamental to building a healthy community and managing the challenges that come our way. We have taken time as a community and leadership team to reflect and set short and long-term goals and build programs to support and grow member success over time. Thanks to J Haleem Washington, J Haleem, LLC ! #5-

Offshore 134
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Their Takeaways From 2022

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Jensen Lee, bidetsPLUS, LLC ! #3- billion monthly users, and it quickly became a go-to platform for brands looking to increase their distribution and reach. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Alongside this, YouTube Shorts emerged as a powerful new feature on the social media scene, with over 1.5