article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Abraham Gin on Entrepreneurs and Leadership

The Startup Magazine

Abraham Gin, an entrepreneur, business coach, and CEO of Gin Consulting Group , which provides unique leadership development and training platforms. Abraham serves his clients with both forward-looking business growth strategy and digital marketing through leadership applications partners. What problems does it solve?

article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. The profound impact of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a centerpiece of the stewardship of these organizations; sustained and effective social response and problem solving requires diverse and inclusive governance.

Ireland 83
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Your Nonprofit Board Should Know About Pay Equity  

Board Effect

We’ll review the challenges with pay equity and offer ways your board can improve it. Racial Equity in Nonprofit Compensation . Racial equity has been an issue in business, society, and nonprofits. Ultimately to achieve pay equity, nonprofits must also achieve racial equity. Nonprofit Salary Transparency .

Equity 105
article thumbnail

Rally Gives $1.3 Million To The Boulder Community

Feld Thoughts

The picture to the left is of Ryan Martens, Rally’s founder and CTO, giving Josie Health, the CEO of The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County , a check for $676,000. Throughout, Ryan’s leadership of EFCO was unbounded and today over 50 companies are members of EFCO. Today’s gift represents the largest to date.

Community 182
article thumbnail

Measuring for meaningful change: Helping volunteer boards meet DE&I goals

Board Effect

Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) values are inextricably bound to the missions of most nonprofit organizations. The goals of those policies are to produce a more diverse and inclusive environment at the organization and for the communities they serve, as well as for their donors, vendors and partners.

Metrics 52
article thumbnail

A Board Effectiveness Checklist for Nonprofit Healthcare Boards

Board Effect

Patient access and equity. Just as community healthcare organizations strive to achieve sustained growth and reduce risk, board members also need to strive to perform at their peak in overseeing the institution. From their partnership will come thought leadership. Increasing healthcare costs. Regulatory burdens.

article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

Advisory Board members are often paid in a balance of equity (stock options) and cash (“cash” is the industry term for money wired to your bank account). I didn’t want to have to sell back into the intelligence community, because I didn’t want to leverage my contacts so tactically, but plenty of people do it (and we need good people to do it.